Monday, December 5, 2011

Budget Stress: Good-Better-Best



My return to Idaho is less than a month away.
(Okay, it's 27 days living, but only 20 days of work. Not that I'm counting or anything. Geeze. Happy now?)

I am ecstatic to once again be in the land of sunshine, family, and friends. Unfortunately, I will also be in the predicament of real-life-big-kid stress again. S. T. R. E. S. S. 


Life has recently uncovered some major flaws in the "Mand-o-lin Budget for a Job-Free Semester"... 
1. Airplane tickets to/from Alaska = mucho dinero.
2. Cars cost money even when you don't drive them.
3. Grocery costs nearly triple when you're allergic to gluten.
5. I repel technology. My new laptop has decided to malfunction in the motherboard area.
        AKA- I get to buy myself a new computer! Again! Joy!
4. Spending all of the money I have allotted myself this year would stress me out.
        Stress-free money is saved money.


Simply put- I love to buy things, but spending money stresses me out.
Big time.
Don't worry, I don't understand it either.
I realize I am certifiably insane, but "mental-breakdown-recuperation-fund" is another one of those things missing in my budget.
Let's not go there, my friends.

In working towards a solution to this problem, I have put together some "Good, Better, Best" scenarios.
Enjoy...


GOOD: Sell my body for money. (Otherwise known as donate plasma). If I can shrink my grocery bill to fit to the plasma amount then things would be peachy. I could transfer the 'food' fund to the 'keep-in-my-account-indefinitely-to-make-me-happy' fiund. Lovely. The downside- if I eat more than I sell then I will want to get a job just to make sure I don't run out of money. This would mean remaining a productive member of society, and we all know how dreadful that is.


BETTER: Find some old people that live in castles and such. Adopt them as extra grandparents. Find a gypsy to hypnotize the old people... Badda-bing-badda-boom- money.


3 Person Dome Tent (7'x7'x4'3")BEST: Run away and live in the mountains as a nomad. I just bought a new tent, and am really super duper excited to use it. Why not make it my home?! Seriously though, cheapest house ever. No mortgage, no rent. I would catch my own meat and pick my own berries. This would give me the opportunity to hike all day long, shower in waterfalls, drink natural spring water on the rocks (literally), and sleep under the stars every single night. If I die? Two words: Natural. Selection.


That is my plan to sweet success. *Patent pending.*



<3 Living the Dream,
-MK

REMEMBER:
camping = my favorite thing

No comments: