Friday, March 16, 2012

A tribute to my sister.










































Dear Pretty,
Happy Birthday! I cannot believe that you are so old, but am the luckiest person alive to have you as my sister. You are such an example of strength and preserverence, my life is happier because you are in it.

When I was younger I asked Santa to bring me a sister every year for Christmas, and the winter of 2002 he finally followed through. You were definitely worth the wait! I was a little older than you are now, and was ecstatic. I want you to know that our whole family has loved you since the moment we met you. We are so blessed to have you in our family. You have made our lives so much better. I want you to know that two of the happiest moments of my life happened the day you officially became Kaitlynne Nicole Kilburn, and the day you were sealed to Momma and Daddy in the temple. I love you more than words can express. I truly believe that you were always meant to be a Kilburn, and that Heavenly Father always knew that we belonged together. You make me a better person. Your spirit and charm light up the room, and your wit and sass always keep me laughing. At 10 years old, you have already overcome more than I have in my entire life. I love you so much Katie, and I am so grateful that we are sisters forever. I hope you know how special you are.

I love you so much and am so sorry that I can't be there today to celebrate your 10th birthday with you. I hope that you have so much fun playing in Fairbanks with Momma, Daddy, and Matthew. I hope that this year turns out to be a great one. Remember to always try your best, and remember that you are always loved no matter what. I can't wait until I get to see you this summer!! I'm so excited for you to open the present I sent you, I just know that you are going to love it!

Happy happy happy birthday Katie!!
I love you!

Love, Mandy

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love this...I can feel the love!

Anonymous said...

I have a question about an answer to an FAQ you wrote on the Mormon.org chat. You said that abstinence from drinking coffee was a choice and that no one made you do it. Is it true, though, that drinking coffee would prohibit someone from entering the church or would prohibit a current member from being temple worthy? That doesn't seem like a choice to me if you have to stop drinking coffee to join.

I'd appreciate your answers or if you know something about medical exceptions to the prohibition on coffee. My email is jrobe011@gmail.com