Friday, December 3, 2010

Identity.


I feel as though the topic of "finding yourself" is constantly attacking me via society (mainly peers and movies.) As a result of this nonsense and the fact that I haven't blogged in ages, I am going to dedicate this post to a rant pertaining to identity.
:)

** I am NOT claiming to know the keys to life. I am simply stating who I am and how I feel about that. :)

................................................................................................................................................

My theory, in a nut-shell....

1. "Finding yourself" is not a one time thing, it is a life-long process.
Perhaps life wouldn't be important if we learned everything at once, perhaps we have come to earth to grow and develop, "trial upon trial, experience upon experience." While this makes perfect sense to me, this fundamental to my theory has previously tagged me among the 'youthful inexperienced' by those who contradict. Perhaps that is not a bad thing, I believe I am still youthful, and have no problem admitting that I have not experienced all life has to offer yet. Personally, I feel as though a main problem in society today is the refusal to let life happen in a process. Society is constantly throwing doubts in our minds, telling us that we need to know everything about ourselves right now, telling us that we can never make ourselves or anyone else happy without fully 'finding ourselves.' This is me challenging that. This is me saying, lets allow life to happen. As long as we have determined our moral foundation, the rest is fine to come with time. As for making yourself happy....I strongly believe happiness is a choice. Let's choose it, my friends.

2. Changing throughout life is a wonderful thing.
We grow and change through experiences throughout life. Some of the most influential factors I have found in my life are people, trials, and just experience in general. At least in my life, I add to my list of likes and dislikes upon experiencing things. While some things are new in general, other things reshape preconceived notions and previously decided feelings. I feel this is what keeps life exciting. I enjoy experiencing new things, I enjoy finding new joys, I enjoy trying the foreign. Let's allow ourselves to change, lets use our knowledge to reconstruct our ideas about the world around us. Lets enjoy life. I mean, how frequently do we let new found pleasures become passions? We go through this messy yet blissful life gathering new loves as we go along. I find no shame in that. Love doesn't have to be so complicated. I feel as though we should give and receive true love freely. I always want to live with life and love as my passions.

3. Once you realize you have gotten something very right, you should embrace it and love it.
This particular fundamental to my theory pertains especially to our top priorities. For example, being a 'Mormon' is something that I hold dear in my life. I know that the church is true, and that it is how I can follow God and become my best. Family is another top priority in my life, and I believe that loving family is right and good, no need to change that. Why throw out things in our life that are right, in order to simply 'spice things up'?? Some things are magnificent just the way they are.

......................................................................................................................................................

I know who I am at the moment, and am constantly working towards who I want to be.
Join me. Let's be the best at being us.

No comments: