Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy.


First off, I would like to thank everyone that has wished me a happy birthday today!
I seriously have the best friends/family in the world and feel so blessed and loved.

As most of you know, birthdays are not my favorite thing in the world. I am not a fan of all the attention and such that comes with getting older, (Thanks Momma haha).

I am pleased to say that I have successfully made it through the teenage wasteland! I'm sure many of you were hoping and praying that this day would one day arrive, and it has. I am sorry to say that maturity was not given as a going-away present as I exited the wasteland.

I know in my head I am really not old at all, but it still feels slightly odd and freaky. I am now 20 and can no longer blame my unpredictable, goofy, free-spirited ways of life on my youth....but on the happy side, only one more year until I can go on a mission! :)

Now, where am I on the age map of life? Too old to be young, and too young to be old....I have thus decided to continue to claim youth. I am at that awkward transitional spot in life where now the creepy old men at the laundromat say "If you don't mind me asking" prior to asking my age. Honestly old men, I mind you asking if I don't mind if you ask me....you know?!


My lovely roommate, (who has successfully survived being 20), made me feel extremely happier about this whole situation, she said...

"Right now you are perfect! Yesterday you were a teenager, next year you will legally be an adult, but for now you are a nobody....and nobody's perfect!"

:)

I am really loving this opportunity to be a nobody and plan on living it up!

Come on life, bring on the gray hair and wrinkles!





No comments: