Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gluten-Free Hippie

"Laughter is the best medicine."



We recently found out I have Celiac's. This is simply a gluten intolerance, easily managed by a change in diet. I am actually quite thrilled to have discovered this, because my body should potentially behave worlds better within only a few short weeks.

Happy!

I am so grateful to live the wonderful life I live. While I prefer to keep things to myself when I am sick, I realized that this causes curiosity and talk to run more rampant.

It is true, I am facing a few challenges medically at the moment, but I promise you all that I am plugging along quite well and plan on continuing to do so for quite awhile. :)

I always struggle with finding the balance between resting and playing, because I really dislike laying back watching life go by. Due to the order's of my doctor, mother, brother, roomates, and friends, I promise that I am really trying to take it easy. I do admit though, I still play. If I am not going to feel well no matter what I do, I would rather be having fun trying to distract myself. Life is to be loved and lived, and that is precisely what I plan to continue to do.
Thank you for all your love and support!


<3 Living the Dream,
-MK

Remember: "It's not dying you should be afraid of, it's never having lived in the first place." :)

No comments: