Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bye Bye Burg

In the morning I hit the road for marvelous Minnesota.
It is a bittersweet feeling because I love Idaho, am ready to soak up some Minnesota, and will soon be moving to Alaska. I am so fortunate and blessed, life is so wonderful!

Throwing Alaska into the mix has made this move rather abnormal for me. For the first time I am unable to take all of my belongings with me. By the grace of God I was able to pack everything I 'need' for potentially the next five months into two suitcases. Quit being impressed, I have omitted the fact that these suitcases are massive...still, it is an achievement for me. I have a clothing/shoe illness but am not ready to take the step past admitting it. :-) 

I am seriously the luckiest person alive. I know I say that a lot, but it's really so true. Everything has worked out. I am so grateful for the people that have helped make things happen. I have a hard time asking for help, but had to bite the humble bullet and do it this time. Massive shout out to my awesome brother and his wife who will be moving here in a little over a month. They are going to pull my stuff out of storage and keep it and my car at their new house for me until my return. Also, my lovely friend Lisa is housing my car for me, my homegirl Jenny is giving me a ride home, my bestie/roommate April has ensured I don't pull my hairs out, and the BYU-I bulletin board helped me find a ride for the luggage and passenger that were supposed to be riding in my car with me. Yup, I definitely qualify as blessed.

While I am excited for the adventures that await, I am going to miss all of my Rexburg lovelies.

A friend asked me how I can enjoy moving so often since I don't have one real place to call home. This gem immediately popped into my head. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros explain home as simply 'wherever I'm with you.' I am grateful for my wonderful, goofy, loving, crazy family. We stick together and make it work. Home is where we are. I love it! Check it out...
<3 Living the dream,
-MK

No comments: