Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

The biggest question on my mind right now is whether or not to return to Idaho this weekend. I am off-track and don't start my next semester until January. I have a refundable plane ticket and have been praying hard about this. We will see whether I get a definitive answer or get the opportunity to exercise my faith and agency.

I am the type of person that goes more by intuition than reason, so I have decided to do a little pro/con action to help me rationalize....




ALASKA: 
I feel like I may have not fulfilled my purpose here... 

Cons:   1. I don't know many people...yet.
            2.  Dark winter months.
            3. No jobs that can help boost my resume.

Pros:    1. I feel like there is still a lot I have yet to
                   explore and discover here.
            2. I love our branch and would love to get to 
                   know everyone even better.
            3. It's gorgeous with plenty of places for
                   outdoor adventures.
            4. Get to drive the F150 and see gorgeous
                   tucks constantly... <3
            5. I love my family and get to be with my 
                   dog.
            6. This place forces me to slow down, and we all know I need to get better at that.
            7. Job prospects at Fort Greeley or I can always substitute teach= a job guaranteed.
            8. I'd make much more money here, jobs pay far better. Also, no rent!
            9. My momma has a sewing machine... meaning fab crafting possibilities.





IDAHO: 
I feel like it might be time to take the jump...

Cons:   1. Job uncertainty.
            2. Living expenses.
            3. Certain drama I wouldn't mind avoiding...

Pros:    1. Living with Ry and Kim.
            2. My car and independence.
            3. Have interviews lined up for jobs that can 
                  help my resume.
            4. Get to be in warm weather again.
            5. Grandpa Jim <3
            6. Much closer to my extended family.
            7. Friends.
            8. Friends.
            9. Did I say friends yet? I love so many 
                  people in Idaho.
            10. My possessions are in ID waiting for me...meaning less storage unit rent$.
            11. Idaho is beautiful and there are many adventures to be had.
            12. Football season, need I say more?





Hmmmm.....
The Clash: Should I Stay or Should I Go


<3 Living the Dream,
-MK


Remember: "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." - Thomas S. Monson

No comments: