Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Notice November: Part 1

November is infamously the month of gratitude.
Here it goes...
Part 1:

Thurs 11/1/12: Today I'm grateful for stress. I'm grateful that we are capable of more than what we think we are. I'm grateful for the friendly faces and classmates that fill my day. I'm grateful for the music room in the testing center. I'm grateful for people who understand technology and are willing to help a sista out. Most especially, I'm grateful for cows and semen.

Fri 11/2/12: Today I am grateful for bodies and all that they are capable of. I'm grateful for a sense of humor.. and for professors who don't laugh at semen jokes. I'm grateful for happiness, and for things to look forward to. I am grateful for the power of giggling. I am grateful for good friends and good fun. I'm especially grateful for hot baths.

Sat 11/3/12: Today I'm grateful for new friends, old friends, and life-long friends. I'm grateful for the earth and the beauties that I'm surrounded by. I'm grateful for Idaho. I'm grateful for old music, Britney Spears, and childhood. I'm grateful for all forms of water. Most importantly, I'm grateful for friendships that can last indefinitely.

Sun 11/4/12: Today I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for a loving bishopric. I'm grateful for laughter and happiness. I'm grateful for a brain and the ability to write. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to learn. I'm grateful for amazing roommates. I'm grateful for the future. Most importantly, I'm grateful for the cozy feeling of hot cocoa and flannel nighties.

Mon 11/5/12: Today I am grateful for relief. I'm grateful for the silver lining. I'm grateful for cars and telephones. I'm grateful for smiles. I'm grateful for George Straight, Johnny Cash, and Shania Twain. I'm grateful for my daddy, his love, and his example to me. I'm grateful for his knowledge, patience, and work ethic. I'm grateful for his tacky jokes, his love of headlamps, and his love of me. I'm grateful for the best dad a girl could hope for.

Tues 11/6/12: Today I am grateful for America. I am grateful for the privilege and duty we have to vote. I am grateful for opposition. I am grateful that presidents can only serve for 2 terms. I am grateful for the Constitution. I am grateful for canceled classes. I am grateful for absentee ballots. I am grateful to be alive. Today I am most especially grateful for a Heavenly Father who looks after and will always protect the United States of America.

Wed 11/7/12: Today I am grateful for my Grandpa Jim. I am grateful for the relationship we were able to have. I am grateful to still be able to feel him near me and hear his voice and laughter. I am grateful to be able to visit him and feel his presence. I am grateful for the beautiful gravestone he has, and for his newly installed military service plaque. I am grateful for my grandma Donna and her sweet spirit. I am grateful for her love and her kind heart. I am grateful that she can open up to me about how she is feeling. I am grateful that she loves me. Most of all, I am grateful to be able to listen.

Thurs 11/8/12: Today I'm grateful for a conscience. I am grateful for the ability to do what I need to do to be who I need to be. I am grateful for my life. I am grateful that life gives us ups and downs. I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful for my little brother Matthew and his free spirit. I am grateful for his example of uniqueness and creativity. I am grateful for his thoughtfulness and love. I am extremely grateful to be both a big sister and a little sister.

Fri 11/9/12: Today I am grateful for my mom and her example of courage and strength. I am grateful for modern medicines and advances in technology. I am grateful for resilience. I am grateful for Alaska. I'm grateful that my daddy gets every other Friday off. I am grateful for my car and it's awesome gas mileage. I am grateful for fast freeways and oblivious troopers.I am grateful for strangers.

Sat 11/10/12: Today I am grateful for temples and the joy they bring us. I am grateful for the beauty inside them. I am grateful for sunshine. I am grateful for the jokes my parents carried throughout my childhood.  I am grateful to have many homes and families. I am grateful that the feeling of home can be felt whenever you are with those you love.

Sun 11/11/12: Today I am grateful for Veterans. I am grateful that so many business publicly thank them. I am grateful to be in the first war/conflict of the USA with an entirely volunteer military force. I am grateful for loving roommates and 'welcome home' notes. I am grateful for hours of new, old, and obscure Christmas songs. Today I am most especially grateful for the selfless service offered by courageous humans.

Mon 11/12/12: Today I am grateful for my big brother Ryan. I am grateful for a newly working heater in my truck. I am grateful for love. I am grateful to have such a great example to look up to. I am grateful for veterans. I am grateful that there are so many people willing to sacrifice everything for the freedoms and safety of the United States of America. Today I am most especially grateful that God gave me the best friend and big brother in the world, and that we get to live so close.

Tues 11/13/12: Today I am grateful for love, the ability to give and receive love, and the ability to fall in and out of love. I am grateful that I have the power to make my own choices. I am grateful to be reminded that making the right choice isn't always easy, and sometimes you hurt. I am grateful for great and happy opportunities always waiting around the corner. I'm grateful for humbling reminders. I am grateful for God.

No comments: