Friday, November 30, 2012

Notice November : Part 2


November is infamously the month of gratitude.
Here it goes...
Part 2:



Wed 11/14/12: I'm thankful for my dog. I'm thankful for her unconditional love and her high powered tail. I"m grateful for her constant need for attention and her talent of putting your hand on her head to pet her. I"m grateful for her courage and speed. I'm grateful for her constantly happy disposition.

Thurs 11/15/12: I'm thankful for vehicles. I'm grateful for pickups and cars. I'm grateful for the opportunity to see wonderful works of art. I'm thankful for technology and how much it betters our lives. I'm grateful for smart people and their knowledge.

Fri 11/16/12: I'm grateful for brakes. I'm grateful that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and that there is always a weekend despite the quality of the week. I'm thankful that I really like school and that I get to learn and grow each day. I'm grateful to love school.

Sat 11/17/12: I'm thankful for nature and the beautiful world that surrounds us. I'm grateful for changes in the weather. I'm grateful for extremes and moisture. I'm grateful for grass and leaves and birds and trees. I'm grateful for a love of the outdoors.


Sun 11/18/12: I'm grateful for temples and their eternal significance. I'm grateful for the color white and the beautiful things of the world. I'm thankful for friends. I'm thankful for caffeine and naps. I'm grateful for migraines that go away. I'm grateful for a day of rest.

Mon 11/19/12: I'm grateful for my brothers and how happy they make me. I'm grateful that my brothers are opposites yet still great. I'm thankful to have two great brothers to look up to and love. I'm grateful for their desire to become better and do more.


Tues 11/20/12: I'm grateful for tests and studying. I'm grateful to be capable of more than I think I am. I'm thankful that I can learn and that I can remember things. I'm grateful for the power of prayer. I'm grateful for a love of school and for classes that keep me excited to learn.

Wed 11/21/12: I'm grateful for my sewing machine. I'm grateful for the ability to learn new skills and make new things. I'm grateful for soft fabric and mass amounts of pins. I'm grateful for late nights and big smiles. I'm grateful for Christmas movies and hot chocolate.

Thurs 11/22/12: I'm grateful for my sister-in-law, Kimberly Kilburn and the love and friendship she gives me. I'm grateful for her domestic skills and her willingness to teach me. I'm grateful that she puts up with my brother even when he's hungry and tired. I'm grateful for her laugh and jokes, and her love of awesome things. I'm grateful that she is so creative and that she gives great hugs.

Fri 11/23/12: I'm grateful for friends. I'm grateful that black Friday shopping is not mandatory. I'm grateful for the ability to sleep in. I'm grateful for guns and fun and sunshine. I'm grateful for camouflage and the sheer joy it makes me feel. I'm grateful for pink camo gun cases and 30 round magazines.

Sat 11/24/12: I'm grateful for the opportunity to spend time by myself. I'm grateful for the feeling of watching old movies on the couch in your underwear. I'm grateful for a practically pants-less weekend. I'm grateful for naps, and late nights, and sparkling cider.

Sun 11/25/12: I'm grateful for school free days. I'm grateful for roommates that I love. I'm grateful to sleep in my own bed. I'm grateful to be surrounded by really great people. I'm grateful for laughter and for catching up. I'm grateful for choices and consequences.

Mon 11/26/12: I'm thankful for my sister Katie "Pretty" Kilburn. I'm grateful for her resilience, determination, and her boldness. I'm grateful for her ability to cheer me up with one simple pun or wise crack. I'm grateful for her lack of a filter and her courage to say what she feels, good and bad. I'm grateful for her desire to sleep on the top bunk and her love of nature. I'm grateful that God gave me her as my sister, even when my beautiful mother was unable to carry another child. I'm grateful for the time we get to spend together and the strong sisterly bond we share.

Tues 11/27/12: I'm grateful for my daddy and for the love he gives me. I'm grateful for 3 hour phone calls and how much happiness they bring me. I'm grateful that my dad is one of my closest friends and that he is always there for me. I'm grateful for his silly jokes and the inappropriate sense of humor we share. I'm grateful for his example of hard work and his ability to make the best of every situation. I'm grateful for his bear hugs and how he can help cure homesickness over the phone.

Wed 11/28/12: I'm thankful for adversity. I'm thankful that it is possible to reschedule flights. I'm grateful that I get to go home for Christmas. I'm grateful for my family. I'm thankful that I can shut my mouth when necessary and that no matter what my daddy will always call me 'a lady and a scholar.'

Thurs 11/29/12: I'm grateful for Alaska and for friends. I'm grateful for the opportunity to hug people I love and get a feeling of home. I'm grateful to be able to learn. I'm grateful for the BYUI Agribusiness program. I'm grateful for awesome teachers, leaders, and classmates. I'm grateful for home.

Fri 11/30/12: I'm grateful for the weekend and feelings of freedom. I'm grateful for the ability to take test, for the ability to do well, and the ability to have room for improvement. I'm grateful for laughter and hilarious things. I'm grateful for great friends and time to unwind.

No comments: