Sunday, September 18, 2011

My name means "luckiest person ever" in Egyptian.

"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

I am so blessed.


There have been many awesome things in my life this week. 
Some highlights:





I have had multiple opportunities to spend time with wonderful people this week. I was able to have some goofy girl time and some crazy adventure time. I am grateful to be in Alaska. I love the people and am grateful for the opportunities here.

I should probably talk to ya'll about the dead moose parts I touched this week. Yup. I definitely did....and kind of liked it. Aside from the evil odor they were exuding it was awesome. I was reminded of the dissection portions of science classes. That was my favorite part, so I am excited to experience this more. I am grateful for the kind people of Alaska that have been letting me join in on their adventures and learn more about the dreamy Alaskan way of life. I love it. 




I had a big-fatty-massively-important prayer be answered this week. I know I am loved and that He believes in me because He prepared a way for me despite my imperfections.


Tuesday evening my mom told me that she had seen a 'help wanted' sign at the store in town. I hurriedly printed out a copy of my resume (which is probably unnecessary in Delta Junction, Alaska, but a formality I followed nonetheless,) and went to the store. I submitted an application and went home hoping to get an interview within the week. Ten minutes later I received a phone call. Ten minutes! No joke. I am the most blessed person I know. This phone call was Heaven-sent. The owner of the store told me that she had a full-time position available and would love to have me fill it. She told me that she would pay me 80% more than I had been previously making and that I would also receive tips. I was told I could wear whatever I wanted, could have Sundays off, and could start the next day if I wanted. YES! I definitely could oblige to that.


This is a great opportunity for me. While there are a few things I wouldn't mind changing about the job, I am so grateful to have it! Beggars can't be choosers, especially in a small town. I am making bank and am grateful to be able to save up enough money to get me through the school year without working. I have never done that and am excited to be able to spend even more time in my beloved econ lab. No, you are actually not sensing sarcasm in that statement. I love economics! I am hoping to return to those good grades I used to receive a scholarship for. I may even have the time to double major now. I have been wanting that for quite some time and may make that dream a reality. I have been working and going to school full-time ever since I was 15 years old and am grateful to get a little break soon. My life is wonderful. I am the luckiest person on the planet!



I have been thinking a lot about angels and miracles lately, and was so blessed to have those topics discussed in church today. While there are many doctrinal complexities I have yet to unravel, I am still grateful. I believe that gratitude is a key component to recognizing the miracles and angels in our lives. I believe that whatever we seek we shall find. If you believe the world is a horrible place then you will recognize all of its flaws before you see all the beauty it holds. I believe that there are angels among us that answer our prayers. I believe that if we follow God's plan we can be angels for other people. I am so grateful for the times that I have been able to help another soul and am so grateful for the incredible angels that work mighty miracles in my life. I believe that if we choose to, we can recognize miracles constantly in our lives. Nearly everything can be viewed as a miracle if we have gratitude in our hearts. 



I hope that we can all follow President Hinckley's counsel and try a little harder to be a little better.

I believe that this life is all about choices. I believe that we can choose what we want to be. I believe that happiness is a choice, and that gratitude is the quickest way to reach it.

These are just some random happy thoughts of today. 
Forgive me for my rambles. 




<3 Living the Dream,
-MK


REMEMBER: Faith precedes the miracle.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Mandy, we are so glad to be able to share this goofy Alaska life with you!! It is so refreshing to see a young lady that will out her fears aside and dive into something new and strange and giggle the entire time!! We have enjoyed having you around and look forward to lots more! Tonight even,,, another adventure!! Wild game meat cutting and wrapping!