Friday, September 23, 2011

Novice Alaskan

We all know the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do...."

World pictures
I have been blessed to be able to experience new and exciting things, people, places, and ways of life. I love trying new things. I feel like oftentimes we don't want to try in fear of failure and embarrassment. Stop thinking that! There is no shame in trying something new. Worst case scenario you don't enjoy it, who cares?! How else would you truly know? Be daring.

I realize that I have lived and loved many different places, it's true. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying experiencing different lifestyles. I love it! I am so grateful for it.
My life is incredible.

Let's talk about ALASKA- I love this place! I have been so blessed to be introduced to so many different people and lifestyles. I realize I have only been here a short while, but am grateful to have been welcomed with open arms. I want to especially shout out to the Taylor family. These people are wonderful, fun, loving, and will always be considered family to me. I love ya'll, thank you. <3

Today was my day off so I took the Alaskan drivers license test and passed with flying colors. 100%. Yeaya! You can all rest assured that I know the laws... whether or not I abide is a different story. While doing this I also registered as an Alaskan voter. Step 1 towards being Alaskan: Complete.

Bradley shot a massive caribou this weekend and I have been so excited about it. I got to go to the Taylor's and experience cutting the meat off of a dead beast. Awesome! Totally disgusting. Blood everywhere. I loved it! No joke, I had so much fun. I am so grateful the Taylor's let me join in. You are probably shocked that I cut meat off a dead animal and enjoyed it. I may be shocked as well. This gun-shy hippie had fun. Step 2 towards being Alaskan: Complete.

Yup, it's official, I am a novice Alaskan! Happy!

I love my life. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for. I am the luckiest person.


<3 Living the Dream,
-MK


REMEMBER:

No comments: