Saturday, October 1, 2011

When Sleep doesn't come.

Currently I am extremely tired yet unable to sleep. While it is frustrating, I think it is self inflicted. My mind is going about 100 miles a minute...  my idea to solve this: write it out. Perhaps dishing all the thoughts can help bring the happy slumber.

You may want to skip this one. All it contains are the brutally honest thoughts on my mind.
AKA- Boring I'm sure.


1. General Conference. It is in the morning! I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a huge opportunity to listen to what the Lord would have us know and do via our living prophets. Conference starts in only 6 hours now... one of those silly things brought about by the Alaskan time difference. The first session starts at 8 am and the second at noon, an odd comparison to the 11 am and 3 pm times of Minnesota. There are quite a few things I would like to hear addressed this conference, and am so grateful to have LDS.org in order to research things whenever I would like. I am also reminiscent of last session of conference....I was fortunate enough to watch it with someone I love and am missing quite a lot right now. I am grateful to be able to watch this session with more people I love, AKA my family. This time is a little different for me, because I can't exactly pinpoint what I need to take away from this conference, but am excited to find out. Conference is a blessed time. While I know we all have different things on our mind, I know our questions can all be answered if we sincerely and faithfully listen to the words spoken this weekend.


2. Heartbreak. Yes, I know, pathetic and girly of me, right? (I told you that you didn't want to read this.) Anyways....all I'm saying is that love is a good thing, whether or not it works out in the end. I guess it is a fortunate thing, heartbreak that is, because it reminds us of the privilege we had of having loved in the first place. I guess the feeling of letting someone down or the realization that you are walking away from so many potential things is one of the hardest parts for me. But, sometimes you gotta leave when you gotta leave. The hardest part is knowing that someone you love may not want to be a part of your life anymore....that's a tough pill to swallow. Maybe what they say is true, maybe true lovers can't remain friends. Hard. Like Charlie Brown says, "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." Once you reach a certain point there isn't much you can do, except have faith in the future. I am grateful to love, and hope to always continue to do so.



3. Mission. I really want to go on one!! I guess that's basically all I have to say on this topic. I had a dream the other night that I got my call to Australia....it was so intense. *One should note that I hardly ever remember my dreams, so this was extra special. Anyways, I am grateful for the people I know that are serving and that will serve. There are so many people out there needing to hear that they are loved. Let's hope I can get my health in order and the money saved. I'm sure what's meant to be will be. Where there's a will there's a way!


4. Work. I have a great boss, some great coworkers, and I love payday! My theory on why we are paid every other week: to remind us that we love our jobs. It's like getting your batteries refreshed. Random, but I get a lot of money taken out of my checks here, so I'm thinking my tax return will be bomb, and probably an answer to  future prayers. :) Don't you love how life works out?




5. Victoria's Secret. There are NO Vicky's in the entire state of Alaska. In fact, the nearest one is over 1300 miles away. Yes, I am disgruntled about this, but even more so I am concerned. Does this mean Alaskans don't wear underwear? Such a sickening thought. I don't know where else one would buy bras and panties. I love me some underwear and am praying that The Secret will ship to Alaska...if not we are going to have some major issues.



6. Urban Outfitters and J.Crew. Add these babies to the list of stores nowhere near. I have resorted to browsing their sites, have become addicted to this online experience, and am fairly certain I will have to take Urban up on their free shipping policy to anywhere in the US (hoping AK counts). No, I'm sure ya'll can't tell today was payday. Anyways, this girl has got to get some more clothes! It's supposed to snow 3 days this week and I don't have a coat or boots yet. I am in massive need of more leggings, scarves, and sweaters. Quit rolling your eyes. I wear leggings as pants and I like it. All my former roommates can attest to my "unique" style. Whatev. I am Mandy and I like odd things.



7. DVR. I'm grateful to be able to record conference to watch and re-watch. This heathen has to work tomorrow, so I am grateful to be able to still listen to the 2nd half of tomorrow's block at a later time. 



8. Sleep. I want some. Going to pray and try again. Goodnight lovelies.





<3 Living the Dream,
-MK



REMEMBER: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.

No comments: